Wednesday 21 March 2007

Lament

Yet another day of slogging. The f***ing project goes into another phase today. The company was successful in making a lazy ass like me work like a dog. 14 hours a day just seems to be not enough for my boss. Apart from this, rest of the day will be ok, ie 2 hours , aftyer 8 hours of sleep only 2 hours of freedom remains. Isn't it simply great. This is the best to place to be in after the college where we used to curse the teachers for taking two hours consecutively. We are slaves , slaves in outsourced companies which are nibbling of our nation's intellectual capital. Slavery is back.

I would like to quote one of my friends regarding this
"If you are compelled to do violence then you are in bondage
If you are compelled to do non-violence then also you are in bondage..
Only when you are free to do what you want when you want without worrying about anything else..
Anything else can be your friends, colleagues, family, society, etc etc…and all other socio politico religious considerations..
Everything is bondage..
We have to get past all of this.
Otherwise we will remain slaves and soldiers for life..
We can be a bigger slave or a commander general..
Still it is bondage.."
I strongly agree with him. We all are tied to the pole of slavery, which indeed has taken a new name, called relations. We do not have the free will. Everything is controlled, right from the womb we are controlled. We are slaves of the society and religion. We are indeed slaves for life.

"I didn't know I was a slave until I found out I couldn't do the things I wanted
. " Frederick Douglas,African American orator, journalist and civil-rights leader, 1817-1895).

No comments: